Watch the video announcement, or read below:
Thank you for your patience as we’ve been working to figure out how to fulfill the mission of the Network and the Extravaganza in a pandemic world.
For the last several months we have been focusing on two questions:
- “How can we be helpful to people doing this work in our congregations?”
- “What does the new shape of the world we are living in make possible that was not possible before?”
So here’s what’s going to happen:
- Extravaganza 2021 is going to be a different kind of event, and we’re excited about the opportunities we have. It will take place as a “Hybrid” event February 4-6, 2021 at the Hilton Hotel in Minneapolis. Assuming we are able to gather face-to-face, we are going to invite a small audience (maximum of 100) to be with us at the hotel from February 4-6, 2021. We have negotiated a room rate of $109 per night for the event.We are going to work hard to maintain safe practices for health and wellness during the event for those at the Hilton.
The main part of the program and the live-streaming to participants around the country will begin the morning of February 5, and will continue through February 6. We are also going to work with camps, colleges, seminaries and even congregations who may want to host a group of children, youth and family ministry leaders at their sites to watch the Extravaganza and interact where you are.
Or, you’ll be able to watch on your computer wherever you are. We’re excited about the chance to involve and welcome those who might not be able to participate at an Extravaganza that’s exclusively face-to-face. You can involve your volunteers, other staff, your congregational councils, staff colleagues and others. It’s a great opportunity.
The theme of the 2021 Extravaganza will be “Holding Loosely.”
You can learn more about Extravaganza 2021 at the event web page.
- Extravaganza 2022 then will be back in Minneapolis at the Hilton, and at this point we are planning on a regular full-blown, all out Extravaganza. It will be held from February 10-14, 2022. Intensive Care Courses will take place February 10 & 11. The main event will be February 11-14.In 2022, we will be back to general sessions, workshops, and lots of opportunities for renewal, education and connection. There will also be events and opportunities to prepare and plan for the ELCA Youth Gathering, now taking place in 2022.
Again, we have a $109 room rate in 2022 at the Hilton, which is a fantastic rate! And the theme for 2022 will still be “Boundless.”
You can learn more about Extravaganza 2022 at the event web site.
There are some other exciting announcements about 2021 that we are eager to share, but we’re not quite ready yet. So watch for more information!
So what is helpful?
- Meeting, even online.
- Learning from each other
- Figuring out how to navigate this new future.
So what’s possible that wasn’t possible before?
- Broadening our community to include others
- Making content available wherever you are
- A lower cost event in 2021 (when we need it the most)
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.