We figured out a way of creating a “custom Extravaganza schedule” pulling Network information out of our mobile app and importing only the events that you want, directly into your smartphone calendar. It’s really quite easy. Here’s what you do: (Please note that the screen shots on this are from an iPhone. I suspect the process will look a little bit different on the Android platform.)
5 Easy Steps:
1. Open your Network mobile app. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, you can do so for either Android or iOS platforms by going to http://www.elcaymnet.org/App. Once you open the app, it will take you to the main menu. From the main menu, you’ll want to click on “Events.”
2. Once the “Events” section is open, you can swipe from right to left to go from day to day, and up and down to look at different events at different times. Look through the full schedule and figure out which events you might want to put into your own personal calendar. Click on that event. For this demonstration, I selected General Session 1 on Friday night.
3. Once you’ve opened the “event” that you want to save, click on the button on the right side called “Add to Calendar. Note that if you want, you can also set a “reminder” here that will pop up from the app to remind you. But if you want to put it in your calendar, click the “Add to Calendar” button. The app will open your calendar program and create an event within it automatically.
4. Once the event dialog box is open, you can do any editing that you might want to do (you can set an alarm for the event if you want) and then click “Done.” (Again, it might be a little bit different in the Android. I’m not familiar with that platform, so I can’t say for sure.)
5. And, your event will look something like this within your phone app!
Hopefully this might be a helpful tool for you in your event planning!
Networked in Christ,